A mold infestation can be unsettling for any homeowner or business owner. You may be unsure if there are ways to detect mold in your home that you cannot see. It’s easy for mold to slip under the radar, and it’s often difficult to detect. Often, however, there are signs that signal the need to inspect or for a mold removal in your home. Listed below are some warning signs that may indicate mold growth in your home or business.
The health effects of mold are often a great cause for worry. There are a variety of symptoms associated with mold, ranging from relatively mild to very severe and even deadly. You and those inside your home or business can suffer negative health effects as a result of mold. The answer to managing your health issues may be finding out if you have mold in your home or business, especially if you feel you are constantly sick or unwell. It is important to note that the symptoms can vary widely between cases, but some of the most prevalent symptoms include:
Building materials and personal belongings in your home can be ruined by mold, which eats away at them and damages them over time. Mold can affect every surface and item within your business or home including drywall, insulation, ceilings, roofing, upholstery, flooring, carpeting, foundation, furniture, clothing, documents, and more.
Moisture-rich areas are conducive to mold growth. It is highly likely that mold will take root within the structure of your home if there is additional moisture present, regardless of when the area was affected by water. It may be advisable to speak with someone about the possibility of mold in your home if you currently have water damage or signs that your home has previously been damaged by water.
Even moisture within the air can impact the probability of mold growth. A humidity level of thirty to fifty percent is ideal indoors. Investing in a dehumidifier may help you prevent mold if you have problems with high humidity. To ensure that mold damage, or any other damage, has not been caused by high humidity, contact a mold removal or water damage restoration specialist right away.
A moldy or mildewy smell that persists despite cleaning or the use of candles and air fresheners may indicate mold growth. We know that lingering odors can be embarrassing for homeowners and business owners, as it is usually something guests notice right away. Not to mention it can be personally difficult to deal with on a daily basis. Don’t let this stinky situation affect your comfort within your property.
If you suspect there may be mold lurking in your residential or commercial property, Atlanta Water & Fire Damage can help. Count on our highly trained team of experts to remove mold completely from your home or business. If you need our help, we are available 24/7. No job is too big or too small for us to handle. Don’t live with mold in your home or business for another day, get in touch with Atlanta Water & Fire Damage now.
Call Us Now for Immediate Assistance, 24/7/365